Latest Events Klimathon Accelerated Climate Action and Transformation for Local Communities National Panel of Technical Experts Forum Business Climate Action Summit 6th Asia-Pacific Climate Change Adaptation Forum



The Klima Film Festival is a project that aims to mainstream the effects of climate change through the use of films written and produced by the Filipino youth.

For the year 2021, the KFF will carry the theme, Adapting For A Sustainable Future: Stepping Up Local Climate Action in a Post-Pandemic World to highlight the importance of local climate action and taking proactive measures that will optimize our nation’s future — to plan, build and support sustainable communities. This is aligned with the need for the Philippines to raise its ambition towards the fulfillment of its Nationally Determined Contributions submitted to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the observance of the UN Decade of Ecosystems Restoration 2021-2030.

The Klima Film Festival aims to:

  1. Harness the potential of films in building awareness and understanding on climate change, and driving action to address its causes and impacts;
  1. Mobilize the youth in amplifying the importance of local climate solutions to further increase their influence on local climate policy-making; and
  1. Generate local climate adaptation stories as viewed by young Filipino filmmakers by providing venue for the production and promotion of climate science-based short films.


The festival is targeting youth all over the country aged between 16 and 25 years old[1]. Participants may enter the contest in teams of up to ten (10) members.

Team Eligibility

  1. Each team can have a maximum of ten (10) members, including actors. Eighty (80%) percent of the team must be between 16 (born in the year 2005) to 25 years old (born in the year 1996). The remaining twenty percent (20%) can be of age 26-30 years old to play acting roles.

  1. Proof of age is any government-issued ID with photo. For participants below 18 years old, a school ID (AY 2019-2020) with birth certificate will suffice.

  1. For each team member below 18 years old, consent form signed originally by a parent or legal guardian must be submitted.


[1] “Youth” shall refer to “those persons whose ages range from fifteen (15) to thirty (30) years old” based on Republic Act 8044. Participants below 18 years of age must secure parental consent form.